Kicker steering on a single screw inboard

RH93

All,

This was my first season running a single screw inboard (early 80's tunnel drive Penn Yan) I've been using the tiller for steering my 9.9 kicker. 

On my previous boat I used a tie bar connected to the main outboard, so I could steer from up front. 

Looking for suggestions to tie the kicker to my current rudder steering (that doesnt include drilling a hole in the rudder). I see alot of inboards in the marina that have the kicker tied to the main steering. So I know its being done. I did a quick search on here, did find a old post that mentioned a cable that could attach to the rudder cable, and then attach to the kicker. But I can find any part numbers online. 

Anyone feeling generous enough to give me a description of their system? I really dont want to buy one of those electro steering kits. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Just to close this up, in case anyone in the future is looking to do the same. 

Kept it simple, used a dual cable helm, one steering cable to the rudder, the other to the kicker. Kicker turns with the rudder all the time. Which is helpful because the kicker acts like a rudder angle indicator, helps when docking. No real increase in steering effort.