National Lake Trout Derby?

Posted (edited)

Yes and our LOU member Frogger almost won it but his 12.02 laker got nosed out by a 12.36 pounder but he still pulled off winning the lake trout division. Some decent fish caught this year. My hats off to Mike:yes:

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 3

Thanks guys, this year however we struggled to get anything larger than 7lbs in the box. We’ve all been there, when you least expect it right.  50% being in the right place at the right time, 30% determination, 20% luck! Can’t say enough for my net man (son)with a perfect net job. With a little high fiving and yahooing my apologies to the boat still fishing next to us watching the show. 

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Congrats Mike!  I landed a decent mix of lakers and browns, 1 bow and 1 landlocked but couldn't get anything in the boat much over 5 lbs.  Yesterday, had a better brown on but on his 3rd jump he spit the hook.  Enjoyed it out there, congrats to all the winners!

Edited by cinnamon fish
  • Like 1

Congratulations Frogger and everyone. Was a great derby, weather was awesome for 2 days. So enjoyable and already looking forward to next year. This lake is on it's way back. I think, looking at the big picture,  the Dec has a decent picture of what is happening. Of course., everything subject to Mother Nature's whim.

• Like 1

We had a great derby..12 fish first day. 7 the second day..Only saw a couple lamprey marks. We put one in 1st in womens division. All laketrout. Looking forward to next year.Congrats to winner.

• Like 1

Fun derby we had all great quality fish 5-8lbs lakers, silver fishing kept us busy when midday .. unfortunately every brown we caught had the same age class lampreys on them.. but none in any other species all weekend congrats mike on another top finish!

• Like 1