Anything happening on the Southeast end ?

Wondering the same thing, planning to head out tomorrow. I went out this past Saturday for ~2 hours and got one 10ish LB king on a wire diver/spoon in about 140 ft straight out of the little salmon river. 

I'll be out of oz Saturday evening and Sunday morning,,,like crickets on reports for east end, even charter guys aren't posting many pics, hopefully I can find something

I am shooting to get out at some point tomorrow for a few hours, I will let you guys know how I make out. Maybe we can help to get a few more frequent reports going for people fishing the Mexico Bay Area. 

Fished Oswego this evening(Saturday) caught 2 keeper salmon and a 5 small ones that tagged on our lines. Fish are spread out from what I can see, fished just east of port. Worked for them. IMG_20240601_190653.thumb.jpg.a0ddbc643e0d1f4962e9438f9b34ce52.jpg Wasted time with hitchhikers on the lines a few times,, frustrating they were so small no way to know they were on. 

Ended up only going out with a few friends for a 2 hour cruise yesterday afternoon but did put a few lines in. Picked up a small king in 150 fow on a cowbell/spin n glow that was down on the bottom for lakers that I decided to pull up a bit to 70ft down just to see what would happen. Really didn’t put much effort into fishing but hoping to get out during the week or next weekend and really put a good trip in. 

3/4 on Kings straight out from Oswego in 350-400’. 50’ down, orange spoons. Leadcore and dipseys. Nothing on riggers yet. Trolling north to south. Hoping to put a few more in the box before we head in.

Oswego,,Went 3 for 6 for kings with a bunch of shakers throwbacks on Sunday morning. Fished 160-280 depth, green ladder back spoons worked best. If you put some time in you will catch a few. We found some marks east of port and kept trolling back and forth over them until we got some hits,,,was the only technique we could figure to catch some fish.

IMG_20240602_103341.jpg

IMG_20240602_103334.jpg

Thanks for the reports guys. This is my 2nd season fishing Ontario so plenty to learn still, so I personally appreciate the willingness of others to share intel. Lets keep it up - hoping to get out tomorrow evening for a few hours since the weather for the rest of the week into the weekend isn't looking amazing right now.  

Posted (edited)

Oswego is good right now - Fished 3 hours for BTs Saturday evening and did about 15 bites landing most including a pair of big BTs (Had an 11 pound fish that was the biggest of the season so far followed by a 14 pound fish a half hour later) Sunday morning we fished Kings - 150-370 fow just east of port.  Screen was best 150-220 but there was a temp break in 280 holding a bunch of fish.  Most people turned around to fish the better looking screen and as a result we were out all alone for the most part in slightly deeper water.  Left the dock at 5:30 am and by 8:30 am had over 20 quality bites.  Fished until 9:30 am adding a few more but it started to slow and I needed to get to the fuel dock.  All fish both days towed on a boga and released except for one casualty on Sunday. Caught 2 skippies sunday, 2 steelhead and the rest 12-18 pound kings.   I didn't have any attractors on board  yet so fished a spoon program for the kings. 

7 hours of fishing across 2 days for about 35 bites - some decent fish in the mix.  

IMG_0943.jpeg

IMG_5568.jpeg

IMG_5574.jpeg

IMG_0954.jpeg

IMG_0963.jpeg

IMG_5600.jpeg

IMG_0983.jpeg

IMG_0990.jpeg

IMG_0991.jpeg

IMG_3888.jpeg

IMG_5617.jpeg

IMG_3884.jpeg

IMG_3879.jpeg

IMG_1013.jpeg

IMG_1012.jpeg

IMG_3870.jpeg

Edited by AnglingAddict
typo
  • Like 3

Guess I should have got my sister out of bed earlier.....,woke up with the sun in my eyes and  that didn't help,,,lol,,,,great report thanks,,,,we saw the browns but wanted to go after the salmon,,,but after looking at the size of those browns!!!!!

On 5/29/2024 at 1:45 PM, 1900Tyee said:

Hey guys…

Anything going on out of Oswego or Mexico?  The list is quiet!

Thank you!

1900Tyee

We found a lot of bait and active fish Sunday in the 140-170fow range. Managed to pick up a few.

IMG_3129.jpeg