Copper that doesn't kink

I am new to running copper. Last year I was on the dock at Olcott talking with a Gentlemen and he pulled some copper off his reel and it did not kink. He piled a bunch on the dock and it just wound back up on the reel without kinking. He said it was the best thing since sliced bread. I for the life of me, maybe my age, cannot remember the brand of the copper.

Is there such a thing as copper that won't kink?

Any help is appreciated.

13 hours ago, pdsalmon said:

I am new to running copper. Last year I was on the dock at Olcott talking with a Gentlemen and he pulled some copper off his reel and it did not kink. He piled a bunch on the dock and it just wound back up on the reel without kinking. He said it was the best thing since sliced bread. I for the life of me, maybe my age, cannot remember the brand of the copper.

Is there such a thing as copper that won't kink?

Any help is appreciated.

Most likely it was weighted steel. Much more user friendly than traditional copper, but it does not have the dive curve you get with copper. You should also look into the tinned coppers like Morgan's Tackle offers, which is a little bit more user friendly. FishUSA will soon have this in stock.

10 hours ago, Yankee Troller said:

Most likely it was weighted steel. Much more user friendly than traditional copper, but it does not have the dive curve you get with copper. You should also look into the tinned coppers like Morgan's Tackle offers, which is a little bit more user friendly. FishUSA will soon have this in stock.

Thanks Captain Richard appreciate your input

• Like 1