Hoping someone can answer

50 minutes ago, Reel Chaos said:

On a Cisco track how wide and tall would I make a plate to slide into it?? I am fabricating a piece to slide I. To mount something too thank you in advance

I believe most mounting plates are 3/8 thick with about .020 to .030 clearance to slide into the track both thickness and width.. I don't see why you couldn't get away with 1/2" thick but I can't guess on the width. Going by memory here as a tool maker but I never really measured one.

Edited by spoonfed-1

Posted (edited)

Thank you!! This site is so helpful!!

1 hour ago, lrg355 said:

Actually, width of opening is 3.072.

Much more accuracy than you need. As they say, I'm not shooting rabbits.

Edited by Reel Chaos

Does anyone know any mechanics that deal with autopilot. My issue is a simrad autopilot probably 12 years old but just recently it says "rudder response error" eveytime I use it now and it won't turn left or right when I hit the buttons. If anyone has delt with this issue please let me know... I appreciate any kind of feedback

Simrad and Lowrance are basically the same because Simrad is the parent Co of both. Is the unit cable steering or hydraulic?  Sometimes takes a bit of effort to find the right person at the help line but once you do they can b very helpful.

So I found out last night the power steering pump was empty on my 4.3 liter merc. And noticed brown liquid in bilge. After filling power steering pump autopilot worked...but when got on out in the lake I full throttled and boat would only run 15 mph around 3300 rpms. Would a bad power steering pump effect the rpm