Helix 7 problem

Gents,

I have a question for some of you fish finder experts...  We have a Helix 7 and was working great until the last few times we have tried using it.   The depth will only read out in the 70s and we cannot pick our downrigger balls up or paint any fish on the screen.  Its just a bunch of **** on the screen.   Cant even pick thermocline up like we use to.  I am guessing the transducer is probably junk.   I am in the process of trying to update the software to see if that helps.    Any suggestions would help.  We may just bite the bullet and buy a new finder all together.   Thanks

Melvin

Check your voltage with multimeter and make sure you have good clean connection.  There has been soft wear upgrades and if you are several behind you may have to download several to install the latest.  These steps would at least eliminate some common problem causes.  You could still have a bad transducer.

Im working on the latest software but there is an error so need to try either another or latest again!!

1 hour ago, plecos4sale said:

I have two transducers for the generation three if you need a new transducer

I will keep that in mind, i appreciate it, Will let you know if we wanna go that route.