terrova trips breaker (sometimes)

12v terrova, just but a pair of 100ah lithiums up front for the trolling motor. Wired in parallel and ran to 2 buss bars. One for each + and -. Put in a battery monitor that uses a shunt on the neg. That is between the buss and the batteries. A couple times last month and once again this weekend the breaker feeding the motor tripped. Reset it and increased engine rpm to keep the tm off the highest setting and it was fine. Every now and then I would look at the speed on the tm and it's at max but not tripping. The battery monitor shows amp draw also but I am not looking at it when the breaker trips. Used just the trolling motor rock bass fishing with now issues. Any thoughts? Thinking of running new wires to the plug at the bow and putting in a fresh breaker as I'm not sure the age of either. Thabks

Did it just start doing it after the new batteries?  I’d check connections, confirm voltage to motor, breaker might need replacing (confirm amperage rating) not sure why wires are going to a buss bar vs neg straight to motor, positive to breaker then to motor. Confirm correct awg wire for amp draw. 40-50amps could be 8 to 6awg depending on length.  I’d figure it out though before something worse happens than the breaker tripping. Others on here might have additional help. Good luck.  Let us know what you find 

Negative to the buss as I have a shunt between the bar and battiers for a battery monitor. Plug,wires and breaker where all with the boat when it was purchased. Not sure if they are original or not. I may have unplugged the motor one since I've bought it. Will check all the connections this week some time again. It's a 50 amp breaker but the wire looked like maybe 8 awg

2 hours ago, tyler.woodard04 said:

Negative to the buss as I have a shunt between the bar and battiers for a battery monitor. Plug,wires and breaker where all with the boat when it was purchased. Not sure if they are original or not. I may have unplugged the motor one since I've bought it. Will check all the connections this week some time again. It's a 50 amp breaker but the wire looked like maybe 8 awg

I won't say its the reason but if you don't disconnect the plug often there might be some corrosion or contact resistance ...even if slight....in there where the contacts actually touch.  I unplug my 24v terrova every time ....not for that reason but just paranoia on any power drains. Localized connection issues can be a thing.  poor contact can be a power draw issue and make heat.  I had a truck that got weird once on power and it was the contacts....not the same thing but a similarity.  I just loosened and twisted them and all was well so I pulled an sanded those contacts and never had an issue again. Not the same for your issue but "could" be the connection. pulling the plug every time could help...possibly wipe off the spades on the plug with alcohol and touch with fine grit sandpaper if you see anything at all on them.