Sandy 6/22- lights out fishing

What a morning!!!!

I have never seen so many fish hit and then run straight at the boat like they did this morning. We had fish attacking the spoons at the surface while we were setting them into the releases. It was definitely an aggressive bite this morning. Lost track of how many strikes we took. All decent kings except one shaker and two steelhead. Mainly ran spoons -carbon 14 and rasberry carbon 14. We also took a couple fish on a hulk flasher/flie as well.  Riggers were 40- 60 down. Divers out 125. The fleas were pretty bad this morning so we tried not to let anything sit in the water longer than 15 minutes. Fished 65-100 fow north west of the creek.

• Like 3

Yep crazy this morning off hamlin

Been fishing not all the time catching on the lake for 45 years and I’ve never seen this!

dumb stupid crazy insane fishing is fine with me!

Edited by tenatureboy
  • Like 1

Enjoy the day...the wind will stir things up and back to normal we will go. But IMHO it's going to be a banner year, overall, with this being one of the highs.

• Like 1

I was on another boat out of the river this morning and the same thing happened with a king coming to the surface and taking the spoon off the water. We were shocked to say the least.

My brother and I fished out of Sandy this morning. The first king was in the cooler at 5am, the sixth king went in at 530. Back at the launch at 7. Boated 17 kings, 1 steelhead and lost 3 kings. Unreal.