Fishing out of FH and hooked into Loch Ness. We were in 115’ FOW and fish hit a 450 copper pulling a Frog paddle with Meat. Instant “dead weight” and a slow steady pull of drag. I figured I hooked a log or something floating. We were fighting a dipsy fish at the same time. The drag never stopped the slow steady pull. I was fighting the fish “tuna style” in the rod holder and pulling line with one hand and reeling with the other. Once we landed the dipsy fish I pulled all lines and went towards the copper fish. As I turned the boat the fish came alive with some massive head shakes and started screaming drag. As I was was trying to run down the fish my kicker couldn’t push me fast enough and I just watched the fish dump my entire reel of backing and SNAP it was gone. The only thing I can think of is it was a sturgeon or maybe a big Muskie. Either way it was exciting for a minute. 

• Like 9

I have had more foul hooked fish this season that ever.  It’s not fun trying to get them to the net when they are hooked in the side!  

Doubt it was a Sturgeon. I've done that twice and both times they were very lazy. Probably knowing they could do anything they want at any time. Probably a fouled King, but a Musky is a possibility or a big cat.