floor cleaner

Fishmaster196

The floor of my Key West is fiberglass with dimpled finish and a MAJOR pain to clean! I have found liquid toilet bowl cleaner to be the best, brush it in with a medium bristle brush, let it sit for a minute or two and rinse. It does have a low percentage of hydrochloric acid in it so be sure to use plenty of water when rinsing. 

On 6/29/2024 at 5:07 PM, Fishmaster196 said:

What is everyone's favorite cleaner for vinyl boat floors. Something you don't have to scrub to death thanks for your replies.

An electric pressure washer...

Those drill brushes work great too - I've been using them on fiberglass non-skid for a while now as well.  Spray deck down with water and starbrite deck cleaner and then pull the trigger.   If you use them though - use a cordless DC drill versus an AC drill to minimize electrocution risk.....

I use Lysol advanced power clinging gell, which is a great disinfectant. It is for toilet bowls, I know, but when used, it can be spread over the vinyl and other bad spots. I let it sit for a few minutes and then use a large brush. After brushing, all the stubborn dirty spots are gone and the floor looks like new again.

I never do this when the boat is in the water.

Edited by rolmops