BLEW THE MOTOR IN THE FALL

SO MY SEASON JUST STARTING OUT OF I_BAY ANY INFO ON MY AREA DONT SEE ANY REPRTS OUT OF I BAY FISHED FRIDAY LATE AFT 100-150 FT WATER WAS MID 60'S SURFACE AND 60 AT 90' DOWN AND WAS 47 DEGREES AT 125' KEPT THE FISH HAWK IN THE 57-60 DEGREE WATER NO TAKERS COUPLE OF STREAKERS NO FISH 3.5 HRS THEN DONE NO BAIT EITHER.

ANY IDEAS?

THANKS SHOOTER544

please don't preach to me!

and no all points in between are not the same

do you have any real fishing sense the Genesee is close to me emptying into the lake and has a big effect on my area if you have nothing positive to add then stay off my thread. stay on owasco lake !

good day!

On 6/29/2024 at 8:16 PM, SHOOTER544 said:

SO MY SEASON JUST STARTING OUT OF I_BAY ANY INFO ON MY AREA DONT SEE ANY REPRTS OUT OF I BAY FISHED FRIDAY LATE AFT 100-150 FT WATER WAS MID 60'S SURFACE AND 60 AT 90' DOWN AND WAS 47 DEGREES AT 125' KEPT THE FISH HAWK IN THE 57-60 DEGREE WATER NO TAKERS COUPLE OF STREAKERS NO FISH 3.5 HRS THEN DONE NO BAIT EITHER.

ANY IDEAS?

THANKS SHOOTER544

Sounds like a lot of warm water. Where you marking any fish down in that 47 to 55 degree water?

Find the right water and the fish will be there.  You went out to 190 but could only find 54 degrees - keep going offshore.  NW winds piled warm water in you need to get beyond that - farther out you go the more stable the temps will be after a big west or NW (same can be said when it ices out on the inside).  Don't be the guy who chases the report - be the guy who makes the report.

We’ve been pulling kings way above temp running for Browns. I’d spread out what I’m running, cover the column and throw a paddle or two or spin dr’s. 
I would also set in 100 and run a north south between 100 and 300. 
if you get activity in any specific area spend a little time at that depth. 

Edited by whaler1