Bear Creek 7/2 evening

Took the boy and his buddy out for a couple hours. Made a west troll in 130 feet and the screens were full of bait and marks. Temp was 60f at 90ft. Set SWR rigger at 90 with rv green knight. Setting second rigger and first one pops. Small laker..bummer. get both riggers set. Second rigger had a mag something my son picked out that was black. Set dipseys at 175 to stay above the lakers. Letting out 300 copper and port rigger goes with atomic green gremlin. I fought that one...19lb 3oz laker. But I didn't sign up for LOC. Lesson learned. As it got later there was pod after pod of kings in the 80 foot range. It was weird to me(still a noob) becasue temp was 66f at 80ft. Then the triple happened. Landed two. Reset, 10 minutes later a double. It was insane. At one point in a 30 minute period I only had 1 rod in the water. Everything took fish. 300, 400, dipseys, riggers...it was nuts. Then we realized the ride home was going to be hell with an 18ft aluminum boat and a still east "breeze" and called it a night. Man this is awesome.

• Like 1