AFW copper

I'm changing one of my 400 weighted Steel over to a 400 copper.  The only 45 ld test copper I could find in stock is AFW. Any info on this brand would be appreciated.  Thanks  Mike 

I can’t speak for the 45lb but all I run is AFW 30lb copper and I have had zero issues. 
It’s not nearly as stiff as Bloodrun and have had very few kinks and never a break off. 
You can fit 300’ of 30lb copper ,800’ of 50lb braid and 40’ of leader all on a 50 size reel. Have reached 80’ down with a little backing out trolling mag spoons.  

FishUSA has the Morgan's Tackle copper in receiving, and it should be live next week. I hope this link works once it goes live ---> Morgan's Tackle

45lb test is the way to go and that is what most guys are running.

On 7/3/2024 at 11:01 PM, fish whistle said:

I can’t speak for the 45lb but all I run is AFW 30lb copper and I have had zero issues. 
It’s not nearly as stiff as Bloodrun and have had very few kinks and never a break off. 
You can fit 300’ of 30lb copper ,800’ of 50lb braid and 40’ of leader all on a 50 size reel. Have reached 80’ down with a little backing out trolling mag spoons.  

I have just tried Blood Run tinned copper the last couple of trips on a 300. It seems very easy to use and more kink resistant. …… and it catches fish too. 

Thanks for the replys. What I have found out about AFW copper the 45 lb test is the diameter of the wire is thinner than A-tom-mik.  

On 7/3/2024 at 7:21 AM, Chaff said:

I'm changing one of my 400 weighted Steel over to a 400 copper.  The only 45 ld test copper I could find in stock is AFW. Any info on this brand would be appreciated.  Thanks  Mike 

We have run AFW for years in both 20 and 30# and had great success with no issues.

8 minutes ago, GAMBLER said:

I run Atommik.  I have for years and no reason to switch!

That's what I use to run. Went to weighed steel.  Want to switch back.  AFW is all I could find. Just wondering about the sinking rate. Afw is a little smaller diameter 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2024 at 9:32 PM, Chaff said:

That's what I use to run. Went to weighed steel.  Want to switch back.  AFW is all I could find. Just wondering about the sinking rate. Afw is a little smaller diameter 

It sinks 22' per 100' according to the label on the spool.  I just respooled a 450 that the copper was 14 years old.  Tom copper is quality and has been around since running copper on Lake O was a thing.