Braid and inline boards

troutman10

I recently bought a couple of the 5 color convector reels all set up from fishusa. Fishusa sets these reels up with braid backing to the leadcore and lastly the connection to the leader. In the past I've had mono as backing for my lead core and used my inline planers without any trouble. Will I encounter any issues using braid in my inline boards or should I put a section of mono between the braid and lead core for a better way to attach to the online planers boards? I use church boards. Any help is appreciated. 

Edited by troutman10

I like a little section of heavy mono just for the wear.  If the chop is heavy it may cause the board to slip back and be banging on the junction of core to braid.

A quick fix might be to just half hitch (2 or 3 hitches) a rubber band on the braid where you want the board to stay and put the loop in the rear pin.  I have been doing this regardless so that if the board release pops it doesn't slide all the way down the line and we can get it off the line quicker.  Been using the little craft sili bands instead of rubber release bands because they are smaller and weaker, so they dont get caught in the guides or the reel if you end up reeling them up.

Be good Mantooth!

"Sams Pro" releases were designed for braid and work well once you get the hang of using them.  They are directional and the way you wrap the line does matter.  This is worth it for me as I dont want any extra line connections if i can avoid it.  I run braid backer on everything so these are a good choice for me.

Just place the braid as far back in the church release as you can get it and have the release tightened down (carefully) and bring the boards in prior to netting the fish or wrap the braid around the church release. Yes it will often sink the board when a good one hots.... but it works.