Got out late this morning out of Mexico, headed towards the nuke plant and had lines in around 8am. Fished mostly 175-230 FOW, 90-110 down on riggers and mag divers out 150-220. Only had one taker in 3 hours on a wire diver with spin doc + meat rig.. anyone hit ‘em good in that area this morning? Conditions were great which was awesome but expected a much better outcome. Relatively new to the salmon game so always looking to learn/improve. Was not marking a ton of fish or bait and most marks I saw were ~100ft down typically. No fish hawk but had surface speed anywhere from 2.1 to 2.7.

Happy 4th y’all, no better way to spend the morning than getting out on the water. 

I’ll do some more searching in a little shallower if I can get out Saturday or Sunday, thanks for the reply. I think my biggest disservice to myself today was spending too much time washing lures with a blank…  but also trying to minimize time with rigs out of the water and searching for fish or bait since you can’t catch if you’re not fishing.. trying to find a good balance. 

Run your mags between 230-300’ out and run your riggers 110-140 and put meat on every rod you have!!!! We haven’t been fishing near the plant but I know guys that have and they say the current is pretty bad,so fishing without a hawk,your down speed might be off,really need to be good at reading your rigger cables and diver rods to get your speed right