Posted (edited)

The trolling has been so easy out there that I knew I could get it done vertically and boy was that an understatement.

I probably took 15 shots on the spoon with 6-7 positive hookups. Only managed to boat two kings but what an action packed morning! Always knew jigging could get it done out there! 2 oz pearl glow jigging spoon was the ticket. 

IMG_9263.jpeg

Edited by idn713
  • Like 10

This is awesome!  I got one jigging early in the season and cant wait to give it another shot.  Unfortunately life and lousy weather every time I can get out has gotten in the way of getting after it.  Was there any particular technique that you think worked the best?  Were they, primarily hitting, it on the fall?  FOW?  Thank you!

With a little luck I hope to get out there next Sunday and will be bringing the jigging rods. (Sandy)

19 minutes ago, 13owhunter said:

This is awesome!  I got one jigging early in the season and cant wait to give it another shot.  Unfortunately life and lousy weather every time I can get out has gotten in the way of getting after it.  Was there any particular technique that you think worked the best?  Were they, primarily hitting, it on the fall?  FOW?  Thank you!

With a little luck I hope to get out there next Sunday and will be bringing the jigging rods. (Sandy)

Yah it was definitely a learning morning. I was initially aggressive with the jig pop but they only wanted that as an attention getter. As soon as they turned on it they wanted little one foot pops. I almost would call it jiggling, just quick pop pop pop. Then they would smack it and slash at it. It’s certainly more challenging than lakers because it feels almost like they are doing drive bys on the spoon. Once they did hook up though…..that fight on a heavy bass rod was insane!!!

• Like 2