Transducer change

Question- is there a way to replace a transducer without running new line to fishfinder? I have a new tracker and the transducer isn’t very trolling friendly and getting a new transducer snaked to the console seems extremely difficult. Just looking for a upgrade not a project.

Posted (edited)

Yes , buy a ducer that is compatible with the FF . One that has the same number of "pins " or wires . Then buy a Airmar inline cable splice kit .Part # IP 67-10 waterproof  connector ,not sure about the hyphen in that number . Ebay is where i bought mine , was 28.00 back a few years , 9/20. Cut the cable ,preferably in a dry , out of the elements location and install the splice connector. It's a pretty sturdy 

easy to hook up the wires , professional looking connector. No soldering required , good wire stripper and small screwdriver that's it .

Or cut your current cable , attach the new cable to it , tape  zip ties ,whatever you can come up with . You want it to be as small in diameter as possible and pull it back to the head unit . That's providing the cable isn't zipped tied to something to prevent the connector of the new cable from passing through.  Sometimes you can just grab the cable down the line and pull it back and forth and not feel any resistance.  If the MFG installed it , it may be secured somewhere. A dealer or someone else , probably not . 

Edited by Bozeman Bob