Looking for a good quality lead core

Been a long time since I bought any leadcore. Just rigged up a three color for my local ponds and I had some old Mason I used. Not impressed at all with the sheathing. Looking for standard 27 lb core. Any suggestions on the best brand for short cores?

Thanks

18 hours ago, spoonfed-1 said:

Been a long time since I bought any leadcore. Just rigged up a three color for my local ponds and I had some old Mason I used. Not impressed at all with the sheathing. Looking for standard 27 lb core. Any suggestions on the best brand for short cores?

Thanks

Blood Run Tackle

https://bloodrunfishing.com/products/open-water-collection-27lb-100yd-micro-lead-core-fishing-line?variant=40236341002380

• Like 1

Hopped on the Stealthcore bandwagon this spring and not a fan for short cores - usually if I get something in the bottom the 12# leader breaks - I had multiple breaks in the 18# leadcore itself versus the 12 or 10# leader this spring.  Always had decent luck with the standard Sufix Leadcore over the years and almost never have had that sheathing break unless that core was extremely old.  My 2 cents.

22 hours ago, AnglingAddict said:

Hopped on the Stealthcore bandwagon this spring and not a fan for short cores - usually if I get something in the bottom the 12# leader breaks - I had multiple breaks in the 18# leadcore itself versus the 12 or 10# leader this spring.  Always had decent luck with the standard Sufix Leadcore over the years and almost never have had that sheathing break unless that core was extremely old.  My 2 cents.

Well that's unfortunate. We've been running the 27lb Stealthcore for a long time and I've never had it break. I don't know anyone running the 18lb though.

Thanks guys. I don't need stealth and I don't need micro just quality. looks like I'll give the Stealthcore a shot.

Thanks again for all your suggestions. :yes: Water is getting piss warm here and I got to set up a 4 and 5 color to reach the fish.

On 7/12/2024 at 9:27 AM, Yankee Troller said:

Well that's unfortunate. We've been running the 27lb Stealthcore for a long time and I've never had it break. I don't know anyone running the 18lb though.

I like the 18 for BTs - possible I got a bad batch maybe?   Could have gotten cut by mussels or something as well I suppose. 

On 7/11/2024 at 10:31 AM, spoonfed-1 said:

Why is it called "micro", thinner dia. than standard?

standard size 27#

I will say the suffix 832 leadcore has been treating me well for the past season, it’s definitely different than regular leadcore though so there is a bit of a learning curve