Looking for advice

I'm looking for some help choosing the correct Chart plotter and transducer. I want to see exactly what's going on under my boat in Real Time. Lowrance has "Active Target" But I'm told it mounts to an electric trolling motor so it can be turned in different directions and view the area.

I need a unit that will mount to my transom as all my fishing is trolling. I saw a Garmin ECHOMAP but can't find the Panoptic sonar transducer on the Garmin website.

Any help would be appreciated, I did call the Garmin Store but the person I got wasn't much help. 

Thanks,

Joe

You can mount any of the livescope transducers to the transom with the mount that they come with and use it for down view.  Problem is that it needs to be mounted UNDER the bottom of the boat such that the whole thing sticks out.  That seems like a really bad idea.    I have a lvs32 that I mount on the transom via removeable "kayak" style clamp on mount.  It has its drawbacks but also works. I did this because I wanted the other capabilities of the transducer such as forward and perspective view. ( i will move it to the trolling motor for that) The PS30 is  better if you only want to use it in a trolling application.  I can see a flasher spin with the lvs32 down 70-80 feet but the resolution isnt great.  That said it has a lot of advantages over the ps30 in shallow applications, viewing structure etc.

I have the Lowrance Active Target.  You can mount the transducer on a movable pole virtually anywhere on the boat that let's you point the transducer where you want.  You can then remove the pole from the mount when you're under power. 

You don't want Livescope. Buy a Garmin ECHOMAP and pair it with a Garmin PS30 transducer. I have this stuff at Krenzer Marine if you want to chat.