Took a friend and his nine year old son fishing today. Until this morning the son had caught one small fish at camp. 
150-220 feet of water. Riggers at 110 and 95, divers out 225 to 250. Meat was on fire, 20 bites in three hours. Father and son did well and had a ball. Had no idea fishing like we enjoy every day existed. 

IMG_6342.jpeg

IMG_6344.jpeg

IMG_6345.jpeg

IMG_6341.jpeg

IMG_6336.jpeg

IMG_6337.jpeg

IMG_6334.jpeg

IMG_6330.jpeg

IMG_6346.jpeg

• Like 11

As much aa I enjoy fishing with experienced anglers, taking kids out and getting them on quality fish is priceless. Conversely, slow days are a drag, but slow with kids on board is agonizing. Blessed today, lines in at 6:30 and out by 10:00. 

• Like 5

I fished Sunday 7/21 morning/early afternoon (10am - 2pm) out of Braddock Bay in that 80-110 ft range and marked tons of fish but could only manage one 14 pound king.

And to get a decent down speed (2.5-2.8) we had to troll east/northeast, not west or northwest.  To get a down speed of 2.5-2.8 trolling west or northwest we had to crank the surface speed up close to 4 knots!

Just wondered what you were seeing in that 150-220 ft of water.

Guess maybe we should have gone out a little farther instead of staying in that 80-110 ft range.   But maybe the time of day also made a difference.

Mr Kato

We didn’t have a ton of marks but there were some. We fished that depth to be out of the pack of boats fishing in 100 ish. Had my hands full crew wise and no autopilot. We didn’t have major current or speed issues and fleas and fly’s were non existent. Had meat and mags out, never ran faster than 2.4 at the ball. 

You bet. I sent you a PM a week or so ago with my contact info. I’m out of Braddocks often and happy to share info with you.