Hello everybody. I will be heading up with my family for the week next Monday. We are avid fisherman from the Buffalo area and spend a lot of time on Lake Erie, the Niagara River, and Lake Ontario. We will be staying on the Canadian side of the river near Rockport, basically west of Kring's Point. My kids love to fish as well. Not really targeting anything specific, but will most likely be after perch, pike, and bass. Contemplating leaving my walleye sticks at home as we can run out on Lake Erie and catch them whenever we want. I haven't fished the river since I was a kid. If anyone can offer up any pointers I'd appreciate it. Message me if you're more comfortable with that. I'd gladly return the favor to anyone traveling to western New York. Thanks!

For smallmouth I’d drop shot bait ( worms, minnows,  or crabs) on shoals slopes along the channel in 30-60 fow.

The pike will be on the outside of weed edges in 15-30 fow  and I’d throw bucktails, big mepps, and spoons. You can also use live minnows. 
  Perch are likely deep and I’d drop shot minnows or worms in 50-65 fow and look for schools on graph.

For Largemouth I’d fish the weeds pockets in  in 4-10 fow. Senkos, spinnerbaits, jigs and top water can work.

If you do try walleyes fish along the channel in 30-40 fow in low light or 60-80 fow during daylight. Jigs, bladebaits, and trolling stickbaits work but I probably wouldn’t try them if you have Erie to fish.

Edited by Kevin J Legg
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin is spot on! I will only add that because of where you are, and if you're interested in some topwater fun, cast the weed edges in the Lake of The Isles with frogs,ploppers, and the older bassarino's, jitterbugs, etc. for LM and Pike.