Cannon Mag 10 HS issues

I have been having reoccurring problems with my Cannons. Blown fuses and motherboards. I run a Big Jon on deep center rigger. It goes up and down. Never a problem. My two corner riggers are cannons. They last a year before boards need replacing. Big Jon and Cannons are wired exactly the same with an inline fuse to POS + post direct to a dedicated battery that only the riggers are hooked up to. Connections to primary battery and perko battery switch. Rigger wires are sized up two sizes so it should not be a resistance problem. See picture of the melted fuse below. It has been suggested I have a bad ground. Connections look perfect with sealed terminations. Getting ready to junk them. Any suggestions?

IMG_6597.jpeg

Check the rubber boot on the up/down switch.  I had one that would eat boards.  I replaced the board and found the boot was cracked and water was getting into the switch.  I replaced the boot, switch and board and the problems went away.  

What size wire are you using and how long is your run? That includes wire to your fuse holder.  I rewired my HS Cannons using 6 AWG cable with hydraulic crimped ends and circuit breaker for same this season and that has cured my issues with slow speed/voltage drop. You shouldn’t be melting fuse or holder.  Suspicious that is at least part of your problem and needs to be heavier.  Check your Perko switch for corrosion too- those switches due fail.

Same issue last week with my Cannon Mags. Went thru 10 fuses on both riggers on Friday. Next day after leaving riggers uncovered for 1 night no problem with fuses! Definite head scratcher???? 

58 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

Battery always charged up. I don’t leave out riggers in rain but keep the ideas coming

My riggers were always covered too Chad but moisture was still getting in the rubber boot.