Thompson late 80’s 210 Fisherman collecting water

Hello, I have a late 80’s Thompson 210 Fisherman with a Bimini top. Had the floor replaced due to spongy area. I also had a custom cover made. The boat is collecting a significant amount of water after moderate to heavy rain even if covered. There’s a hole located in the step down area to the cuddy. Looking down water looks to be ponding there sometimes after a heavy rain the water may rise above the hole. Boat always requires manual or bilging out before leaving the dock. With a little speed more water will flow to bilge requiring flipping bilge switch back on until full plane is achieved to remove all the water. I’m suspecting when the floor was replaced the drain passage to the bilge was blocked or eliminated. Once the boat is trying to achieve plane the water will find its way to the bilge! Ugh PITA!!!!!!

First off , I would get under the cover , have someone snap it down, then have that person use a garden hose and figure out where the water is coming in . Then I would take the custom cover back and have it repaired, couldn't off been cheap . You should not have water in the boat if that is a waterproof custom cover , period . I doubt your limber holes were closed off during the repair work , it takes awhile sometimes for the water to make it back to the stern . If they were closed off ,it wouldn't make it to the stern . Not uncommon for the bow area to be the low point of the boat while sitting . You could cut out a section of the floor and install a bilge pump there ,either a access hatch or hinge the piece you cut out . I hope you have a auto float switch and not just a on - off switch ,as you described . That's not a smart way to go with a boat ,unless your covered for sinking because some day you may show up at the dock to see it submerged . 

Edited by Bozeman Bob