Complaint about new style Shimano Tekota 600LC

Hey guys, this may sound a little weird, but I have a complaint about the new style Shimano Tekota 600 linecounter reels I purchased this past spring and just started using with wire line and dipsys. So far the reels have functioned flawlessly mechanically, landing many good size kings without any problem, but my problem is with the ergonomics of the reels. With the linecounter mechanism located in the projection off the left side of the reel I find that, while fighting a good size fish and reeling with my right hand, that projection is constantly hitting the inside of my left forearm just above the wrist. Not a big deal really, but after several fish that spot on my arms gets pretty sore and slightly bruised from that projection. I know, I know, you guys are saying what an awful problem to have, getting sore after catching a bunch of fish, but I find this problem pretty annoying with a reel costing over two hundred bucks a pop, to the point where I'd rather hand that rod to somebody else when a fish is on. Just curious, has anybody else encountered this aggravation, or am I just being a cranky old guy?

I had the same problem with Diawa Saltist 40LC. Diawa made a design change last year and moved the line counter to the top of the reel.  I bought a couple of the new version reels this winter and that solved the problem for me. I still have the old version reels. They sit in a zip lock bag in the cabin and are now a back up reel.