Escape Sandy Creek Shout and BFF

Friday morning we left the creek and headed West to see if the kings were still in the area I left them last weekend.  We fished from the pump house to just west of Bald Eagle in 125-150.  We had an insane bite on spoons, Rigged cutbait and Deep Rig Tackle fake meat.  We boxed a 22.64 that put us in 6th place in BFF.  That fish took a Hawks Tackle Black Jeans mag.  

This morning we left the creek after the pack and slowly (lots of debris on Friday) made our way to the weigh points from Friday.  We set down 1 mile East of the Nose and trolled past Bald Eagle in 130-190.  Rods were firing 75-105 down all day. 75,85,95 & 105 riggers, 450 and 500 coppers and divers out 265-345 were out top producers.   We put together a 80.38lb box to take first place in the main event, 1st place in the Calcutta and third place in the 2 Fish Challenge.  Here is what worked for us over the two days:

Hawks Tackle Black Jeans mag

Atommik UV Grinch meat rig

Atommik Shenster meat rig

Atommik Chrome Jaxson Meat Rig

Deep Rig Tackle fake meat - MVP & Two Face 

Rigged Cutbait

Stinger UV Carbon 14 

IMG_20240727_155520182_HDR.jpeg

IMG_6674.jpeg

IMG_6663.jpeg

IMG_6661.jpeg

Edited by GAMBLER
  • Like 10

Proving for a third time that a laker fisherman can catch salmon when he has a mind to. Although there's a rumor that you wanted to switch to laker fishing at 10 am?

Nice job, buddy!

6 hours ago, Gator said:

Proving for a third time that a laker fisherman can catch salmon when he has a mind to. Although there's a rumor that you wanted to switch to laker fishing at 10 am?

Nice job, buddy!

Thanks Keith!  There is so much dust on my laker gear right now.  If this keeps up, I might have to sell it all!  🤣.  If I were to get the bells out, my crew would have hung me from the hard top!  

17 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

Thanks Keith!  There is so much dust on my laker gear right now.  If this keeps up, I might have to sell it all!  🤣.  If I were to get the bells out, my crew would have hung me from the hard top!  

LOL THATS GREAT!!! Congrats to ya on the silver fish!!!

Brian, Congratulations to you and your crew on the Shootout win! That is a great score with some awesome kings!

As a long time Sandy residence and fisherman, it is great to see the Shootout grow to what is today. Also, Congratulations to all the fisherman who competed. 

• Like 1

Awesome job Brian!! Congratulations to the crush!! I take it the lady on the water is treating you well!! Keep up the perseverance as it always prevails!!!