Looks like you were out early by the photo with the sun just coming up.

How far down were you jigging?

I was out today from about 10am-130 and got nothing.

Water temp seemed all messed up between Braddock and Lighthouse Pt with 45 degree water down about 40-45 ft in 70-150 ft depth.

I am going to have to try this jigging.  Is it best early in the morning or late at night?

Mr Kato

1 minute ago, whaler1 said:

This whole jigging thing is a blast. The hook sets are unreal. Thanks to you and Manny!!

You mentioned something about not wanting to troll. Yah I feel that with every fiber in my bones! Once you have a mature king blast a jig on bass tackle, you don't really want to do anything else. And Manny and I seemed to stumble onto something fun, everyone else is quickly refining it! Like you and Tommy!

• Like 1

Turn 83 Friday and I would like to try jigging and catch my first rigged salmon. ??'s - do you use a line counter reel; will a heavy spoon work; what is the jigging technique,  shake the rod or lift it several inches, put the lure where the marks are on the graph, any other important points, thanks much. 

We fish the marks. Using 2oz jigs. I do use a light action line counter to drop or raise on marks. In all fairness tomorrow will be my third time doing it. 

• Like 1