Slide diver line twist

Using slide divers on 30 lb wire. I am connecting the 30lb leader to the wire using a length of 65lb braid. I am getting terrible line twist on my 30ft leader. I have placed a micro swivel where the braid and mono leader meet and a bead chain to terminate between the lure and the slide diver. The diver has a large ring and I usually run it on a 3 setting. Any ideas on how to stop the line twist? The twist occurs whether I am running a spoon or a flasher.

Are you using a swivel at the end of the 30lb slide line along with a short leader to your lure?  Don’t let the SD slide all the way to the lure.  Fast deploy can twist things up too.

All I run are slides now. Wire to 50# mono to 5’ of 30# fluorocarbon to a ball bearing snap swivel. All connections are with a tiny barrel swivel. I have zero issues with twists or anything.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mr 580 said:

Are you using a swivel at the end of the 30lb slide line along with a short leader to your lure?  Don’t let the SD slide all the way to the lure.  Fast deploy can twist things up too.

Yes I use a swivel on the short leader to the lure or flasher. It seems as though the diver is tumbling. I let it out slowly but when I retrieve the diver the line is twisted. Thank you for your reply.

If diver tumbling too fast- keep tension on divers of any type.  I’ve un SD’s for years on both braid and wire with zero line twist issues.

We have two inline swivels; one from the wire to the 50 lb test mono and one from the mono to a fluorocarbon leader. No twists, but at least in our hands we learned the hard way that we can't run 11" flashers and meat on them. At a 2 1/2 setting, they were tangling with each other - from opposite sides! We usually run a four diver spread and have never seen tangles this bad. We are now running two slides and two mag dispys. No idea why, but only a fool argues with chaos.

• 4 weeks later...

Are you running the ultimate (mag) kits on your slide divers? I am super happy running my slide divers with the ultimate kits as my low divers. I can run 11" paddles on both at the same time with no issues.  I do not use any swivels to tie my braid to the wire. I use an Alberto knot. I do upgrade the cheap barrel swivel included in the kit to a good quality ball bearing swivel and have zero line twist. 

Yes. Do use braid between the wire and the mono? I am thinking the braid is somehow causing the line to twist. If have been using dipseys for a long time with no issues. I switched to slide divers because I did not want to hand line.

Yes, it was with the ultimate mag kit. No idea why. Currents were bad, but not that bad. We may explore it again next year, but for now, nothing bigger than an 8" SD on the Slide Diver.