New to Salmon fishing

I started fishing Salmon off of Sandy Creek in Hamlin NY.   We have  only been catching one to two fish per time out.  Been fishing in 100 - 150 foot of water using dipsy divers and spoons and dipsy divers and bandits.

Any tips to improve on results?

Honestly - couple things you might consider.   Try and make friends - fish on other boats - seems simple but there's value in it.  That's a great way to see some different things that might open your eyes.  The other thing to consider is to think about maybe taking a charter - round up a few folks to split costs and make sure you pay attention or talk to the captain and ask for an instructional charter.  That will probably shorten your learning curve faster than anything else.  It's kind of akin to getting some personalized coaching for your kid in a given sport or hiring a consultant in business when you might lack certain expertise but they can guide you through it.  Think of a charter as "coaching".  

There are also some salmon schools around - they have one every year at the Niagara Fishing Expo in February as well as some other schools that have been popping up recently.  Couple hundred bucks for a days worth of discussion with guys who have proven their worth on the big lake.

The first year I fished the lake I had two dipsy rods. First day out I caught a 27lb king. You can go out with two diver rods and be successful. I would run spin dr fly on the deeper rod and a standard size (not mag) on the other. 
Took my son’s boat out a couple years ago solo just for fun. Good luck. 

IMG_2875.jpeg