Shattered, any luck with stacking a mag spoon on a sliding cheater above Flasher/fly? I was always told that’s asking for trouble, major tangles. I cheat spoons above spoons, but I’ve never tried it with a flasher/fly below. Looks like it would be pretty attractive.

If you want to “stack” a spoon over F/F or meat you are better off putting the stacked bait on a separate rod.  Stacking on the same rod would get pretty messy with a greater chance of losing the fish, especially if the stacked spoon gets hit. Not worth it. Run a separate rod. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bearcat1 said:

Shattered, any luck with stacking a mag spoon on a sliding cheater above Flasher/fly? I was always told that’s asking for trouble, major tangles. I cheat spoons above spoons, but I’ve never tried it with a flasher/fly below. Looks like it would be pretty attractive.

I stacked slide cheater over a flasher fly, gets tangled every time bringing it up, so don't do it anymore. Besides my probe rigger always outperforms other riggers with  a spoon and slide cheater. I think that flashing light on the probe acts as it's own attractor.

Thank you for your input I was taught over 20 years ago never put a slider over a flasher. They will keep spinning the whole time your bringing them in. A mop rig is two spoons, same color the main line has standard spoon. The stacked slider is a mag mag on top.

I'm going to go a different route,  im 3 - 5 feet off the ball,   if my lures are to far back i catch less fish,  salmon seem to be attracted to the weight.   and my MUP spoon is 15 feet back and the clip on the main line is 10 ft up from the ball.   this has worked well for me.   

IMG_20240728_070634781.jpg

When a fish on a slider runs down to the flasher there is nothing behind the flasher to tangle but the fly. I will unwind a fly to catch a fish. Usually, a slider held tight against a flasher stops the rotation much like a flasher stops rotating when hooked up to a fish.  That said, I don't run sliders above meat rigs or when fishing staging kings at harbor mouths as kings are usually concentrated near the bottom and rarely caught on sliders