Trolling 350 copper off of SST Pro Mag Offshore boards???

I have been trying to get the SST Pro Mag Offshore boards to release smoothly while trolling 350 copper. I even bought the proper release for the braid but they continue to hang up 70% of the time. I have watched several Youtube videos but after several weeks I still cant get them to release consistently.

Any tips?

Are you using the "Sams Pro" style release?  If so the orientation matters as does whether it is mounted directly to the board or attached with a large o ring.  It also helps to set the release VERY light even pulling heavy lines.   If not, let us know what style release you are using.

I've messed around with the sams pro releases in all different settings and co figurations. At best I'm getting about 50 percent release ration. I think over the winter I'm probably going to change to a snapper release on the front and back only running one a side isn't as critical for them to release 

3 hours ago, 13owhunter said:

Are you using the "Sams Pro" style release?  If so the orientation matters as does whether it is mounted directly to the board or attached with a large o ring.  It also helps to set the release VERY light even pulling heavy lines.   If not, let us know what style release you are using.

Which do you find works better, mounted direct or the large O ring? And is there a better release to use? 

15 hours ago, 13owhunter said:

Yes I am. I dont have the large O-ring I mounted it as Offshore recommended.

Thanks

14 hours ago, jmyers8 said:

I've messed around with the sams pro releases in all different settings and co figurations. At best I'm getting about 50 percent release ration. I think over the winter I'm probably going to change to a snapper release on the front and back only running one a side isn't as critical for them to release 

I do only run 1 per side but man, if it doesn't release its difficult to tell if you are putting to much pressure on the fish/leader. And when it does release they track right behind the boat vs plane on top of my dipsys. 

Here is a link to a really good article.   I followed the advice and had much better luck with these. I forgot to mention it also matters which way you wrap the line around the nipple.   These releases are frustrating until you figure it out.  Once you do they work great.

If yours arent tripping try setting the tension screw VERY light.    

https://fishingaddictiongear.com/blogs/fishin-talk/off-shore-tackle-or39-sams-pro-release