West-end Tackle Shops

There are often people inquiring about where to buy tackle when they come up to the lake. Knowing how important it is to support local tackle shops,  I thought I would start a thread that highlights some of the tackle shops on the West side of the lake. Feel free to add to the list to help serve as a resource for others. 

Route 18 Tackle shop:  near Hamlin

Has pretty much everything you need to fish Lake Ontario including custom Hawk series of spoons.  Additionally, there are some stickbaits for walleye and other warm water species tackle. 

IMG_6628.jpeg

IMG_6629.jpeg

IMG_6630.jpeg

Edited by Gill-T
  • Like 2

Captain’s Cove - Oak Orchard

Has some tackle. This is a new store that will probably be increasing inventory over time. They have rooms and slips to rent. 

IMG_6631.jpeg

IMG_6632.jpeg

IMG_6633.jpeg

IMG_6635.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Boat Doctors - Olcott, NY

Jim and Karen have everything you need or would want for trolling plus other items such as boat supplies and Dramamine. 

IMG_6637.jpeg

IMG_6638.jpeg

IMG_6639.jpeg

Edited by Gill-T

Wilson Boatyard Marina and Bootlegger’s Cove

DOES NOT have tackle anymore. They have gas, slips and are still serving as LOC weigh stations 

RT 18 tackle is fantastic. John knows his stuff, is friendly and is happy to offer tips and recent intel on the fishing. Highly recommend. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gill-T said:

There are often people inquiring about where to buy tackle when they come up to the lake. Knowing how important it is to support local tackle shops,  I thought I would start a thread that highlights some of the tackle shops on the West side of the lake. Feel free to add to the list to help serve as a resource for others. 

Route 18 Tackle shop:  near Hamlin

Has pretty much everything you need to fish Lake Ontario including custom Hawk series of spoons.  Additionally, there are some stickbaits for walleye and other warm water species tackle. 

IMG_6628.jpeg

IMG_6629.jpeg

IMG_6630.jpeg

This looks great, thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

If someone hangs a top 20 king in the fall LOC jigging I will give you a $50 gift certificate to Rt 18 Tackle. 

Boom!   Bill has a couple of evening cocktails and he is giving away derby dollars!!  Awesome offer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, whaler1 said:

RT 18 tackle is fantastic. John knows his stuff, is friendly and is happy to offer tips and recent intel on the fishing. Highly recommend. 

Just don't eat the single chips he tries to get you to eat!  Ask Colin!:lol:

• Haha 1