Trips to Costa Rica.

I have been going back and forth to a small peninsula on the pacific coast of Costa Rica and got to know some of the charter boat captains quite well.

The cost of a week in Costa Rica including the flight, hotels, food and daily charters is less than half the price of  a 4 day trip to the Carolinas. So for me It was an easy choice to make.

The town I go to is called Mal Pais nearby a place called Santa Teresa. The place is popular amongst the surfing and yoga crowd in the late fall and winter season, but in September, October it is almost empty. The fishing is fantastic, the beach view is amazing, car rentals are cheap. so day trips to the nature reserves are easily done.

I am wondering if some people would be interested in making that trip and have a nice fishing vacation.

If anyone is , maybe we can get some small groups together say anywhere between 2 to 4 or 3 to 5 people on a boat.

It is a great adventure for a very reasonable price. The return flight , including a flight on a Cessna puddle jumper, is altogether roughly $900  One 8 hour day offshore fishing would cost about $1100 and divided between 3 or 4 people that is cheap. Near shore is about $100 per hour, and I have caught Tuna and Mahi Mahi on these trips. You can keep the fish and cook it up or donate it to those less fortunate than us. ( I donate all my fish to a local orphanage which is run on donations)

My best day off-shore so far is 23 Mahi-Mahi ,18 yellow fin tuna and 2 sailfish. For the first time in my life I have had to hand off my fishing rod to the mate because I was exhausted. The tuna is anywhere between 10 and  50 pounds, the Mahi Mahi  are the 4 to 5 year olds usually about 4 feet long and close to 30 pounds

Anyway, give it some thought and maybe we can get something together.

Edited by rolmops

Costa Rica is incredible. The people are very friendly and are clearly very proud of their country. Fishing is world class. 

IMG_0626.jpeg

IMG_0576.jpeg

IMG_0567.jpeg

I'll be in Costa Rica from September 2th till September 11th This is the time that the mahi and the tuna are very close to shore and the restaurants and shops are almost empty. I will bring the Norwegian pimples which I used for cod fish jigging off Gloucester. They have not seen action for 20 years.

I'll send pictures.