Thermocline in mid August (east end)

does anyone have any resources /websites that track thermocline on the lake? Or is anyone able to give me a general sense on current status as I do not have a gauge to determine temp. Going out  off of Oswego/Mexico  and would like to have a sense before dropping the ball down.  

Thank! 

Bottom feeder, thanks for direction. I will start at 100 FOW, what depth should I set my ball down to get in the game, 40/50 down?  

Shattered, thanks for heads up about bouy. It appears to not be working unless I am interpreting correctly. it says , 

3.3 ft DEPTH =72.16

62.3 ft DEPTH =71.67

Yep. Warm water is inside. This will change with winds/currents etc but will give you an idea of what’s going on. 
Without a fish hawk/sub troll you will have to look for bait and marks and fish them. I will say that we have taken several decent fish this year way out of temp. In the warm water above the cold water. Keep in mind that as we progress through August and into September, temp will become less important for the staging kings. Structure often times becomes more important for these staging fish. 

Very eye opening shattered, didn’t realize the volume of warm water. When you say inside, what is the baseline of that phrase as I have heard that in posts videos? 

king, that is a great resource and exactly what I was looking for.

thanks!

On Wednesday there was 72 degree water all the way down to 135 feet deep over 400 feet The thermocline came up to 110 feet over 540 feet farther out north and east. 

Friday out in 730 fow about 18 miles from port we had 48 degrees down 85-90 feet.  Knowing we had a hard south coming for Saturday and realizing we wouldn't be running out to the border in 25 knot winds we stopped a few places on the way in and dropped a probe down while in neutral.  375 fow we had 52 degrees down with 160 feet of cable out so likely would need 180 feet of cable at trolling speeds to get that temp.  Inside waters were better on Saturday morning - set down in 105 feet of water - 46 degrees with 105 feet of cable out and temps continued to push up about 5' each pass throughout the morning.  Today we have north winds around 20 knots blowing so inside waters will swamp out again.  It changes day by day, hour by hour - no standard answer as to where to find the temperature.  This time of year though fish tend to spend more and more time out of temp as they reach the end of their life cycle - you can certainly get by with fishing the marks - speed is more important now than temp although knowing what temps your bites are coming out of is important for dialing things in day to day as water changes.