Made a quick trip each morning with Manny. We expected garbage after the big blow and that’s exactly what we found. Kings are scattered to the wind and not around like they were a week before. They will return but this made for a tough outings.

8/14 ground out two lakers and missed two more. 

8/15 nailed a beauty brown, a nice laker and sniped just about the only king we marked! 

Still getting it done in really tough conditions!

IMG_8829.jpeg

IMG_8845.jpeg

IMG_9604.jpeg

IMG_9593.jpeg

• Like 8

Any chance you have info on temps in the water column? The lake did a little flip last Thursday and the water was 50°F at shore Friday into Saturday. Shore temp seems to be back up already. Just curious how shook up the deeper water got. Very cool to see so many fish getting jigged.

On Tuesday I went out of Sandy and over 300 feet the water was 72 degrees 135 foot down. I caught steelhead at 120 feet down.

So on Tuesday I went out of Oswego expecting a different picture. Out there the thermocline was at 135 feet in 400 feet of water.as we were moving farther north east to roughly 500 feet the thermocline came up to 110 feet.

It felt weird.

Why'd you white out the lure that you used to smash the king? It wasn't one of those X-rated lures was it? Tell the truth!

15 hours ago, OntheLake said:

Any chance you have info on temps in the water column? The lake did a little flip last Thursday and the water was 50°F at shore Friday into Saturday. Shore temp seems to be back up already. Just curious how shook up the deeper water got. Very cool to see so many fish getting jigged.

57 degree water started down 83. It’s a wall of 71 degree water until about 75ft down.