Owasco 8/15

Took the day off to go fishing and Owasco greeted me with a sunny sky, nice gentle breeze out of the north, green waters, and a quiet boat ramp around 9am. 

Set up on the north end around some drop offs to try my hand at jigging up some lakers. I've done this in the past with a paddle tail swimbait and a big jib, and has ok luck as it's not my strong point (not sure any type of fishing is my strong point :rofl:). I was just fishing solo so figured I'd give it a shot and I had few followers around 80fow but no takers and couldn't find a good screen to really get any consistent action. 

Ended up moving to mid lake on the east side and set up trolling. Set up with 2 downriggers and a dipsey around the 70-90 fow mark and found the thermocline was about 55' down. Only trolled for a couple hours but ended with 2 lakers and a rainbow. Both lakers came on a seneca special death trap with a bullfrog grambler rig that was fishing the marks on the bottom. The rainbow came on a uv/purple michigan stinger on the dipsey out 137' on #3. Ended up seeing a good amount of bait and marks around mid lake, just couldn't get many to commit. Still better than working though. 

455324023_10101174518607590_3824096965620364356_n.jpg

• Like 7