Got out for the first time since the sandy creek shoot out and took my neighbor that had never lake fished before. Heard fishing had been tough somewhat so I had low expectations. Tried to get a few hours in before the storms rolled through and for the most part they stayed west of us. Spent three hours throwing everything I had in the boat at them but no bites. We had good screens and had a number of fish following on our graphs. Finally got a decent staging king on a DW spoon. That turned out to be the only bite of the morning. Weighed it once we unloaded the boat and was one of our bigger fish of the year at 21.12 lbs. Fished mainly 90-145 fow with temp down 50-60 feet.

20240817_085734.jpg

20240817_072657.jpg

• Like 3

Nice!   You got the skunk off on a decent fish!

We had a similar morning.  Pulled in 3, one 10-12lb'er and 2 Skippys.  Meat, flashers, lots of different spoons, nothing was on fire to say the least.  Temps down in the 60ish range even in as close as 75ft.  We went from 120 out to 275 and back into 75.  Random marks, a few chasers on the screen but very few takers.   Talked to another boat when pulling out that had almost the exact same luck.  They're spread out and finicky it seems at the moment.  Loads of fleas today as well.

Tight lines!