Click button came off the Reel

Found the schematic for this reel and looks like there is a washer inside but wondering what else it should be attached to.   The button fell off in my hand after flipping the clicker off to let out line.  If anyone knows what is needed to repair the I would appreciate a response.   

IMG_20240817_205615512.jpg

7 hours ago, Reel Doc said:

Thanks.  Any idea if parts are still available for these reels?

Should be. I got mine directly from daiwa but that was a few years ago. Call them. Usually it's the clicker pawl and the clicker spring if the shaft on the button isn't worn. Shouldn't be more that a few bucks so I ordered spares when I got mine. In fact let me check my reel repair box and see if still have them. I remember I sold daiwa parts package to somebody on this site but I don't remember exactly what. If you can take that side cover off and post a picture of the inside that would help.

Edited by spoonfed-1

Yup. Still have a spare set of clicker parts. These fit either the 27 or 47 series. Let me know if you have trouble getting them.

parts.thumb.jpg.d49f3cc37b5478cb0068fbe351454d3c.jpg

Edited by spoonfed-1

24 minutes ago, Reel Doc said:

Opened it up and here's the result.  Must be the washer and half washer are worn out?IMG_20240819_172225809_HDR.thumb.jpg.ad0b19bc9ed238d0cc6d761a4b6fd9fa.jpgIMG_20240819_172127442_HDR.thumb.jpg.04c4c0bdbba320ad276f3ba5b4c51ff1.jpg

The retaining clip is worn.  It is the only part you will have to replace. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pete Collin said:

Those little C clips can be bought at any auto parts store.

Is the thinking that the C clip is worn while the other items are probably fine?  Helpful or harmful to add lubricant here.