Alaska trip with son August 4-14th before starting college freshman today!

Great time before bringing our son to college as a freshman today at WPI in Worcestor. Emphasis wasn't on fishing but many activities he would enjoy on a trip like this. We did manage to float for Rainbows and Dolly's landing 8-10 fish (25 bites)over a 10 mile stretch of the middle Kenai river under very tough conditions due to precious heavy rains resulting in dirty water the guide said before we arrived a few days earlier. We both lost trophy fish at the net which still was a blast battling them in the current. I chose this kind of fishing because these are native fish that are returned to the river and it's more interactive and fun. Jigging for Halibut or flossing for pinks and sockeye didn't appeal to me. Fun when that bobber goes down and they bite! The kings now on the Kenai are down to a few hundred returning are in almost extinct mode these days. Wade and I really enjoyed casting along the banks and hooking these fish along the 10 miles of river we drifted in 4 hours. We would do it again somed

Edited by digitroll
Added verbage
  • Like 1