Got out last night for a few hours. Marked a ton of bait in 100-140 FOW, ventured as far out as 180, but stuck with fishing the bait pods. Temps were pretty consistent at 45-50F at ~105 ft. Lots of boats running similar lines near me. Saw some folks hooking up and land a few fish. Ran F/F off a rigger, dipsey, and a weighted steel, added a spoon on the dipsey. Switched out colors and patterns, but generally stuck with green-white-chrome. Raspberry Carbon 14 and a burnt bread RV didn't turn anything up. Only thing I caught was an epic sunset.

I'm still new at this and running my own boat. I'll be back out Friday.

• Like 1

Fished today in Mexico north of dunes in 120-140 fow . Had a good day  8-15 . Mostly rigger FF hits . Jacks pretty girl with green glow fly . 

IMG_7869.jpeg

IMG_6052.jpeg

IMG_6051.jpeg

IMG_6050.jpeg

IMG_6049.jpeg

IMG_7860.jpeg

IMG_7856.jpeg

IMG_7850.jpeg

20240827_081112.jpeg

IMG_6045.jpeg

IMG_7853.jpeg

IMG_7854.jpeg

• Like 1

Skunked yesterday. Had a really good fish on the 400 copper with a magnum spoon in 180 FOW. Guessing it was a big steelhead, saw the fish leap clear out of the water before I had a chance to start reeling some line in. Fought it for a minute before it shook the hook. 

Stager fishing to the east of Oswego is a grind right now - Landing percentages vary day to day but you have to work for your bites - Ran a trip saturday morning then mated for a buddy in the afternoon then another trip this morning.   Saturday trips averaged a dozen bites both morning and afternoon,  Today we only did 1/2 dozen bites (although I ran a puker back to the dock in the middle of the morning which burned up about an hour of fishing time on a 6 hour trip....still though.  Flasher/Flies and plugs taking all of the bites for us - mostly F/F.   Definitely not a ton of targets out there right now - winds and fluctuating temps have made it tough.   Couple more trips then will be running boat back to get it pulled for the season - fat lady is singing.

Edited by AnglingAddict

I’m sorry…I meant to report in from late last week.  I ended up launching in Port Ontario last Thursday thinking the fish would be tighter to the River.  My screen confused me, to be honest.  I started marking a lot of bait tight to the bottom in 80-90 FOW and had one rigger at 75 feet with FF.  As I got to 120 FOW I started marking good fish at 100 FOW and than continued to about 140 FOW.  I forgot about the rigger at 75 and then took three fish on it.  LOL. Go figure !

By 10:00 we got blown off the water.  I took some doozies over the bow once I turned into the wind and we had to bail.

I’m good for max two more trips…then I’ll be in the River until early December!

The year went by so fast !

Tom

IMG_0071.jpeg

Fished Saturday 9/14 and Sunday 9/15 out of Oswego

Saturday we fished to the East - weather Buoy to 5-stacks.  Decent picture but the farther east you got the more things seemed to dry up - heard it got good past the plant down to high rocks but I never crossed the dead water between the 5 stacks past the plant.  Had to work for your bites - fish were there but currents weren't the best and temps were coming up all day.  We had 3 bites and landed 1 king for the  morning.  Fished 95 to 120 fow.

One last hurrah yesterday as we moved the boat back to our slip in Sodus in preparation to get pulled out on Friday for the season - trolled front door Oswego to just east of front door Fair Haven - never turned around and we picked at a few fish on the one long troll until we picked up and ran the rest of the way to Sodus - probably could have generated more bites if we turned and went back through areas with more fish but we just kept the boat pointed west.  Ended up 6 for 9 for the troll.  Some areas with fish and other areas void of fish but best areas were the Green Can down to probably close to west 9 mile - then some dead water.  Moon beach started picking back up and seeing more fish - never really saw piles of fish but a pretty steady screen from there to front door Fair Haven Same depths as yesterday - inside of 90 feet it got very warm and far fewer marks on the electronics.  Still a lot of fish to come from what I saw this weekend so the east end should enjoy a couple more good weeks of fishing. with the warm temps and very little rain in the forecast.  All Flasher Fly bites this weekend - never took a bite on a plug.  Best flies over the last few weeks (All A-Tom-Mik) Live Lime Hammer, Stud, Shredded Mirage, and K41.

Edited by AnglingAddict