Spooling Power Pro on downriggers

I want to try Power Pro on one of my downriggers. Should I back the spool with something? I have 450 feet of 150lb Power Pro. It seems like being so much thinner than stainless cable it would throw off the depth counter. Any thoughts from someone that has used it would be appreciated

I didnt notice much of a difference when i switched.  Maybe a little less line out due to less blowback.  I think the spools on most riggers are big enough a few MM difference in diameter isnt likely to be a problem.  

FWIW, I went with 200# and would go to 150 if i had to do it again.

Has anyone tried PP on Magnum Metalz riggers? I'm concerned because of the way the wire winds neatly onto the smaller spool. PP might not, and it could bind - but it wouldn't jump off the spool when there's no tension like the wire, either. Thx.

I put 200# PP on my Magnum Metalz three years ago. No problems. Just to make sure, i put on 500ft on all three riggers and when out in the lake in deep water, I ran the line out all the way with a three pound weight and reeled it back in. twice a year i cut off 5ft and retie. The PP will collect fleas, but the hose takes care of them, other than that, no problems, smooth and QUIET!!