Legacy -The 2024 Deer Season-

Spent an hour in one of my favorite NW wind stands. Couple cool scrapes near my stand. Rain came sooner than I expected and beer and sausage didn’t sound like a bad plan B. 

IMG_6750.jpeg

IMG_6749.jpeg

IMG_6748.jpeg

• Like 1

Hunted hard Tuesday to Thursday morning and had to head home for the weekend. Saw squirrels, turkeys etc but no deer or bear. Left camp and within first 5 miles saw a dozen deer on the sides of the road at 1:30 in the afternoon. Then today receive these pictures from the food plot at camp. I can see the games have started….. lolIMG_0147.thumb.jpeg.05cbb26ad6fc26b72c5ad5a5f4adb68f.jpegIMG_0149.thumb.jpeg.6e2a71ae13e82cbd53fe1236092ee2ad.jpegIMG_0150.jpeg.e52b61acbabb1abe61e04ff4bc1dfc73.jpeg

• Like 1

Nice morning. Few does. 

tons of birds all over making movement. One landed on my arrow and a hawk almost took my head off. 

Not sure i’ve ever seen these or heard of these birds but they were all over. 

fun stuff. 

IMG_2410.png

• Like 1

October 4 pm

L50 H70

Clear skies

High pressure building 

Late report... 

Tons of action again on friday night. Lots of active deer the last 2 hours of light. 7 bucks seen tonight with 2 of them being shooters. Had one about 70 yards but unfortunately he fed away from me. The bucks were busy doing buck stuff... rubbing scaping, sparring... very cool  to see. I "freshened" up my mock scrapes walking in the day before and 4 new scrapes appeared overnight on my walk in.

Not sure how the resolution will be degraded going from a still photo captured off cell cam movie footage, but this cool interaction took place on the way to my first sit in deer woods. I was feet away from a Fisher guarding his baby Opossum kill. Complete disregard for my presence and it probably would have fought me to protect it’s meal. 

IMG_6770.png

IMG_6774.png

IMG_6771.png

IMG_6776.png

IMG_6775.png

• Like 1

October 7 pm

L47 H66

Partly cloudy skies

15-20 NW (windy mid day but becoming calm at dusk)

Another action packed sit. Bucks are starting to get feisty and I now have 2 bucks on on the property with half racks. Saw 6-7 bucks tonight (and a bunch of flatheads). Lots and lots of sparring among the ranks. 

October 11 am

L43 H66

Partly sunny

SW/variable light wind

First morning sit of the year and it was a good one. Lots of deer on their feet this morning up until I snuck out at ten. I never seen so many bucks spar in one sit before. I saw over a dozen different bucks and they were feisty this morning.

Rain sucks!!!

Pretty sh*tty weather pattern forecasted today thru Weds. Im guessing with the full moon on Thursday and high pressure moving in after this front that weds pm thru thursday pm (maybe even friday am) could be stellar.