Legacy -The 2024 Deer Season-

12 hours ago, Smat64 said:

The last couple nights seamed nice.

Im surprised no big buck down pictures. 

Ill be back at it this afternoon! Im anticipating a good sit.

Well I'm up to 3 bucks with half racks and one that broke off the top of his main beam. The young bucks are enjoying their first set of head gear!

Backyard last night while I was in the kitchen drinking beer. Kind of hard to see unless you zoom it in, 130 yards with my phone but looked like a green light deer to me. 

IMG_6804.jpeg

No deer seen for me. Had high hopes. 

get home to this trail cam pic which is close to where i was. 

hope to get back out soon. 

IMG_2505.jpeg

Great sit this evening.  Deer moving. Bucks not chasing yet. Bucks more concerned about laying down scent than paying any mind to does.  

18 hours ago, JakeyBaby said:

Billy, I saw a stud a week ago in one of the yards of a houses on the 1st road directly east of you.

Matt, if you see a shooter near my property, you have my cell lol.

So a quick recap of that past few days or so. I have been careful not to over pressure a couple of stands that I have been getting consistent pics from. At this point I am hunting some mornings also. Action has been good in the stands. Mature buck sightings seem to have slowed but I feel I see that every year around this time. 

Bucks are sparring rubbing and scraping like mad right now. I'm seeing a bit of bumping of does. Bucks just can't seem to help themselves and gotta check every doe they see.

I saw a shooter earlier in the week working a scrape line so I adjust an existing set earlier this week and moved it to the opposite side of the woodline along with a cam. 

Unfortunately we have a warm weather pattern for the next week to deal with. The mornings are cold but with the mid day temps about 70 most of the afternoon action will be just before dark. 

This afternoon I'm back in the set where I killed my bow buck last year.  I had a good 8pt daylight here yesterday at 530 so we shall see what happens. 

It's always a game of chess...

I haven't shot a good buck in a long time ..Got an invite and hunted with a buddy last week in Monroe County .. saw one doe, but other than that it was a slow couple hrs.   I noticed movement in a thicket to my right, and saw some tall times.    The buck was walking away from me. A couple soft guns and his mind was changed... Here he comes ... Gets into perfect bow range and stops. The Elite sent a slick trick right into his left shoulder.   Lighted knocks was easy to tell it was a little forward. As he spun and ran off, I watched him fall twice and then disappear. Good thing I was in a big tree because the shakes kicked in ...

Made the call and me and my buddy took up the track .  Not much of a blood trail, but my buddy found the buck dead in a creek with his leg hung up in a bunch of tree roots...

My best Bow buck... Big thanks to my Buddy Mike for the invite and the help recovering the buck ..

More adventures are in the near future...

Messenger_creation_8D18720C-9779-42E9-BF8B-E5174CE7EA14.jpeg

Messenger_creation_43347F37-C234-4555-BBD5-929FE4BE6D54.jpeg

PXL_20241017_161554779.jpg

PXL_20241017_143315499.jpg

Messenger_creation_083EC5C2-561F-428B-BB0A-66E5341FC927.jpeg

• Like 14