Legacy -The 2024 Deer Season-

11 hours ago, Missdemeanor said:

I haven't shot a good buck in a long time ..Got an invite and hunted with a buddy last week in Monroe County .. saw one doe, but other than that it was a slow couple hrs.   I noticed movement in a thicket to my right, and saw some tall times.    The buck was walking away from me. A couple soft guns and his mind was changed... Here he comes ... Gets into perfect bow range and stops. The Elite sent a slick trick right into his left shoulder.   Lighted knocks was easy to tell it was a little forward. As he spun and ran off, I watched him fall twice and then disappear. Good thing I was in a big tree because the shakes kicked in ...

Made the call and me and my buddy took up the track .  Not much of a blood trail, but my buddy found the buck dead in a creek with his leg hung up in a bunch of tree roots...

My best Bow buck... Big thanks to my Buddy Mike for the invite and the help recovering the buck ..

More adventures are in the near future...

Messenger_creation_8D18720C-9779-42E9-BF8B-E5174CE7EA14.jpeg

Messenger_creation_43347F37-C234-4555-BBD5-929FE4BE6D54.jpeg

PXL_20241017_161554779.jpg

PXL_20241017_143315499.jpg

Messenger_creation_083EC5C2-561F-428B-BB0A-66E5341FC927.jpeg

Congrats bud he's a good buck!  

So in a  mental dilemma my target buck is finally back.  But of course he's smart only night of course.   But the weather on Thursday looks good!!  

So.

1. All day sit Thursday? 

2. Wait till he does daylight then go after him? 

19 minutes ago, machzrcr said:

So in a  mental dilemma my target buck is finally back.  But of course he's smart only night of course.   But the weather on Thursday looks good!!  

So.

1. All day sit Thursday? 

2. Wait till he does daylight then go after him? 

Be aggressive. Looks like a great day. Im going into a deep woods set on thursday morning and going after my #1. I have been waiting for the right wind and a cold front and it looks like its happening. 

• Like 1

October 25 am

44 degrees

Clear skies

NW wind 7-13 mph

Took a few days off to avoid the heat. Cold front rolled in last night so I figured it would be a good bet to be in a tree this am. Went into one of my deep woods sets and it didn't disappoint.  Tons of action. I think I saw 7 different bucks.

Highlight of the day was listening to two bucks in an absolute battle Royale. Antlers crashing, and sticks breaking. It was madness. One of the bucks was making a noise I haven't heard before. He was aggressively blowing but not like you would hear from an alert doe. It sounded more like I'm pissed off and out of breath. Maybe a buck roar but he was winded. It was wild to hear in the woods. He must of done it 12-15 times until the other buck ran off.

Shot my biggest ever Wednesday afternoon as the weather started to finally cool off in chautauqua county was a great evening only saw one deer but it was the right one. Ended up giving me a great shot at 18yds grossed scored at 178.5. 12 point with giant massIMG_2509(1).thumb.jpg.fc6b597e35a5fc1a8b968adb5bb30495.jpg

IMG_2510 (1).jpg

IMG_2509 (1).jpg

20241024_122516.jpg

20241024_122924.jpg

• Like 10