Legacy -The 2024 Deer Season-

October 24 pm

Light w wind

59 degrees

Sunny

Late report but the afternoon sir was stellar. Lots and lots of deer on their feet and Early. Saw 1 of my target bucks and saw a new buck. Big 9 pt point with a heavy limp. I didn't see anything visibly wrong with him but he had a pimp walk. 

• Haha 1

October 25 am

37 degrees

Frosty

Clear skies

Light s wind

Not as active this morning as I would have expected with Frosty cold start. I did see 4 year and half old bucks and handful of flatheads between 8-9. The highlight of the am sit was getting a glimpse of one of my shooter 9pts cutting through the golden rod about 930ish.

My kid missed a big 10pt this am. He saw 2 deer and both were bucks. He said they both worked passed his stand and worked a nearby scrape.

You went to the wrong college !  So with my Kansas trip coming in two weeks, the worst enemy to a bow hunter other than the wrong wind is a lack of confidence.  So this morning I recreated my shot distance and put all my bulky hunting clothes on because I had noticed the bowstring slap my clothing on my left arm on my miss yesterday. First shot with the same arrow and broadhead and …… dead nuts even with the recreated bow string/clothing slap.  I chalked this one up to my neck gator. We had a brief rain event as I was getting into my evening sit so I put on my neck gator to keep rain from going down my neck. When I drew on the deer yesterday, I never got comfortable with my anchor point because of the restricting gator. When I was at full draw I pulled it down as far as I could with my release hand but it never was out of the way. Lesson learned. Going to Cabelas to look for a better idea. Maybe a lighter turtleneck?

IMG_6843.jpeg

Edited by Gill-T