ozone generator to remove rubber smell from hunting boots

Hi all,

I'm considering buying this ozone generator:  https://www.amazon.com/PowerScale-Generator-Eliminator-Commercial-Machine/dp/B0D2Q9XCV1/ref=asc_df_B0D2Q9XCV1?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=79989662339645&hvnetw=o&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583589128831423&psc=1&msclkid=3ea0c7179dfd17388785a1db67b5a492

would i just put by boots and the ozone generator in a plastic tub and turn it on? I didn't see such instructions on the amazon page

thanks!

andre

x3.

If you absolutely have to, be sparing. I ruined the rubberized suspenders on one of my bibs the first time I used a commercial unit for 20 minutes in the bed of my pickup, under the cap, and feel lucky I didn't mess up anything on my truck. My boots seemed okay afterwards, but I never added them to the mix again. Those commercial generators are made to de-stinkify houses by realtors, among other things...a plastic tub would concentrate the ozone too much. There are other options for smaller, portable, battery-operated units that you can use in a gear bag by companies including Dead Down Wind and ScentLoc for under $100

I second Gator's advice.  The one in the link is way too powerful for putting in a tote. Youd need to turn it on for less than 30 seconds. I have a smaller 120v one in a portable closet and that is too powerful as well.  I stopped using the one in my portable closet because I didnt want to expose any of my gear that I wasnt wearing that day.

I have a rechargeable one (link below) that I like.  Quality is questionable but its a lot cheaper than the name brand ones and you can bring it with you.  Pretty sure I got it on sale at amazon for around $50.  I throw it in a tote with my outer layers and turn on for a couple of minutes.

https://www.amazon.com/Airthereal-PA1K-GO-000mg-Portable-Generator/dp/B08V8N5XNQ/ref=sr_1_3_pp?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.VskF8wxxD-9w4kbbTdhnYZUCJlXUOLGEW42umU5TRak4yBnqB9lfHWBUYu7HtqvMd5lSs4aHoiVssMe16IlnuEw4rdvce4f5sdSg3Jt5_amudhc-X1lMQcvNlyB-d07DqJCGkXq5XCMk8pvJ8zNZh3C-mclby-Z45LN-S4YObcQ1LsnsTShOolobJyISSaZxE0CZVG5SEVIQszPKeTrezsvSdFyeCLI3VjAd5zyHJq4.zDKN_9gZHEbbCIxvcenm7cQq8LiPdX0dBpsraioEt2s&dib_tag=se&keywords=ozone+generator&qid=1724760722&sr=8-3

• 2 weeks later...