10 color leadcore setup

Looking to upgrade my 10 color lead cores. Looking at the daiwa saltist non-line counter and wondering what size I need to buy? Would be using power pro backing. Any one know somewhere that would have the reel capacity charts for this to match up with the reel?

11 hours ago, wallysackett said:

Looking to upgrade my 10 color lead cores. Looking at the daiwa saltist non-line counter and wondering what size I need to buy? Would be using power pro backing. Any one know somewhere that would have the reel capacity charts for this to match up with the reel?

Here is what I have set up with full 300 yd spools of 30lb Power pro backing, FISHUSA Stealth Core and a 30' leader. 

10 color - Saltist 50

7 color - Saltist 40

5 color - Saltist 40

3 color - Saltist 30

2 color - Saltist 20

1 color - Saltist 20

Thank you Gambler for the info, appreciate it. One other question is with the stealth core how do you attach to the lead core? Break a couple inches of wire off the tie to the sheath? Previously I would pull out a couple inches of wire from the sheath, thread the backing line into the sheath, the tie 3 overhand knots to hold it but I think the stealth core is too small for this?

3 minutes ago, wallysackett said:

Thank you Gambler for the info, appreciate it. One other question is with the stealth core how do you attach to the lead core? Break a couple inches of wire off the tie to the sheath? Previously I would pull out a couple inches of wire from the sheath, thread the backing line into the sheath, the tie 3 overhand knots to hold it but I think the stealth core is too small for this?

You can use the Willis knot.  There are some great videos on youtube.  There was a video of it floating around here years ago.  ITs simple to tie.  You take a couple of inches of lead out of the sheath, tie a half hitch in the sheath but don't pull it tight, side your leader material into the sheath until it hits the lead and then pull the hatch hitch tight while keeping the leader up against the lead inside the sheath.  

The Willis is the way to go but the #8 spro swivel is another option that will clear the eylets  and tip of most rods.

• Like 1