Got out this morning to explore some offshore water and hopefully get on some chewing kings. Got setup in 430 fow and immediately nailed a 7-8 lb king. After that I really wanted to make a run and started heading for 500+, but along the way my graph started acting funky along the military exercise zone. So I spent a good 2.5 hours screwing with my graph trying to dial my settings back in after an accidental hard reset (such a stupid morning). 

Feeling frustrated and defeated I chugged back into 115 after dealing with my graph. Immediately picked off a laker and a nice steelhead. Feeling encouraged I began to work the laker pods but took the opportunity to jig any high mark. The high marks were snappy and they resulted in an additional Atlantic, small king, and a dropped species that I will assume was another steelhead. I picked up another laker to end the day and packed it up! 

Once again, jigging to silver fish really is the deal. They bite quick and readily, finding them is actually most of the battle. The stupid Lake Ontario Lakers are actually proving to be the hardest of the species to actually get to commit considering the numbers of them out there and how many lookers you get! Ended the day 6/7.

All fish came on the spoon that must not be named until a later date 😉

IMG_9715.jpeg

IMG_9724.jpeg

IMG_9736.jpeg

IMG_9743.jpeg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I’m new to the Jigging thing so I was thinking you should make a 101 jigging video. Sounds like you have it dialed in pretty good. I have no idea, jigging spoons, Buck tails , jig suspended or on the bottom. Any info would help and be appreciated. Do you fish the Sandy in the western part of NY?