Black Lake

My parents bought a couple cottages up on Black Lake and I am heading there for the first time this weekend.  Any tips on fishing the lake. We will target anything and everything.  I know they have had a ton of rain this year with a bunch of flooding and high water, so not sure if that has changed anything.  Anyone info on the lake would greatly be appreciated! Can't wait to explore it as it looks beautiful from the pics!

Punch weeds with jig and trailer plus topwater frog for bass. Under docks with wacky rigged worm. Find the deepest water for pike. If you can collect shiners from little creeks nearby, fish under a bobber for pike. The St Lawrence is only 20 minutes away if you are taking your boat. 

Appreciate the info! We were able to get on SM and LM bass , Crappie , Perch and Blue Gill.  Lake is loaded with fish, just a ton of little ones to sort through.  Weather was tough so we definitely did not fish as much as we would have liked.  Left the boat there so I can do some scouting. 

If you go up for the pike opener in the spring, I used to catch lots of pike by fishing shiners under a bobber at the DEC launch near the outflow. 

• Like 1

That's exactly was I going to try next weekend for eyes. I know there is not a ton of them but they do exist. Would rather run harnesses then sticks because I have a feeling lots of tackle gets lost there.

I have a camp at the end of black lake we're it dumps into the oswegatchi river upstream from eel weir state park had some epic fishing in tht water system over the past 30 yrs :yes:

• Like 1