Lines in around 7 in 80ft, first hit on rigger down 52 came before I could get the second lure wet.  Reel in, reset, same thing.  Raspberry carbon 14.   

Went the next 3 hours without any takers.  Northwest to 180ft and back to where we started - Zip.  Made some changes along the way, headed due north to 200, pulled the lines and zipped out to 400ft heading north.  Picked up a skip on a green Chinook diver on 4 setting out 200 with a purple clown.  Called it at 11:15 and last line in with the raspberry C14 had a small Atlantic on it, no idea how long we were pulling him around.  Unfortunately he wasn't revivable, but was legal so he'll be dinner.   

Temp in close was down around 45-50', out beyond 400 was down around 90'.   Marked 4 different large bait balls out in 400-450, down in the 40ft region, nothing baitwise in shallow.

Very few boats at all.  Wasn't sure if i was missing something - Friday before holiday weekend and we essentially had the lake to ourselves? 

Talked to one other boat when taking out and they stayed in close and did pretty good on browns. 

Tight lines!

20240830_072227.jpg

20240830_071246.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah  we went out about 2 

Temp  came up more ,was down 25 ft 

Tough fishing when it's like that . 

We managed 2  browns and a steelhead , and I think we were lucky to get that .

We did half a dozen browns, but nothing for the board. Temp in 30' was 56F down 20 - I suspect she's close to turning over and might flip with this hard South wind today. We didn't go out past 45'. That might be it for us this year. Nothing But Net is clean and ready to be pulled. Squirrel opens tomorrow, and there's lots of other stuff on the docket. He$$ of a year.

We went out this morning and got 3 browns and a big laker,a few more hits ,  in 35 ft of water before the storms . Then we pulled the plug .

Yes Gator , it was a great year , one for the books numbers wise.  A little better size wise . First week  August the kings disappeared from our area . 

Let's see the return numbers in Sandy this year as the last few weren't great .

Not a lot of skippers so that doesn't look good for next year's crop of kings but we'll  wait and see . 

26 minutes ago, HB2 said:

We went out this morning and got 3 browns and a big laker,a few more hits ,  in 35 ft of water before the storms . Then we pulled the plug .

Yes Gator , it was a great year , one for the books numbers wise.  A little better size wise . First week  August the kings disappeared from our area . 

Not a lot of skippers so that doesn't look good for next year's crop of kings but we'll  wait and see . 

HB2

Agreed great year!  In the 40+ years I have fished the lake since a kid I have never seen action like this June and July. I will say I was never that good as some out there but with a freezer full of fillets by early July and throwing 10lb fish back it was an incredible time!! Friends didn’t believe it under they experienced it!

But the question I asked a buddy was the same… where are the little guys 1-6 lbs that we were throwing back the last 2-3 years to have this banner year??  

Along with gator my boat will be in storage around mid September then a trip the the DSR before the western streams pick up!  Only year 3 on the Tribs and it is my new addiction!  Take a pic let it go and repeat!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HB2 said:

I thought the same thing about skips until August.  We caught a ton of them in August.