Out of Mexico 9/4 evening live

Anyone in the “fleet” off the salmon river mouth catching anything? I’m all alone north of you all around 125’. It’s been a steady pick of everything but lakers on dipseys and downriggers. Riggers at 100’ and dipseys out 285 on 3 setting. Mag spoons and flasher/flies. Flashers typical green, spoons black, silver, purple, green, whatever it seems is working. Salmon are all between 10-20lbs, steelhead are 4-6lb and the one brown was 4 or so. 

lost one on the dipsey that was the fast drag pull I’ve ever seen. Shredded the fly leader and gone. Never was able to turn it around.

• Like 4

Fish were the same today. 

lake was rough. Found a debris field of floating stuff. 3 guys in a 20’ Rinker got swamped and the boat is gone. All 3 got picked up just before we got to the spot and made it to the dock at Mexico. We pulled in just as they did to an ambulance just pulling up. Big props to the guys in the green cuddy who got them out safe!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kman05446 said:

Hope they all are okay? You got to be careful on the big pond and respect her.

Seemed like it.  2 of them were at the dock and seemed just fine. The 3rd was in the ambulance pretty quickly but walked to it with some help. Right from them it sounded like they had a wave come over the front, then a second one came over shortly after and that was that. Not sure how long they were in the water after that but I can’t imagine it was super long with the traffic around there. I believe they were in from Vermont and unfortunately their truck keys went with the boat. 

I wish I got the guys number who got them out and to shore. They lost some gear that they had to cut to get them out of the water. I feel like they deserve some stuff to replace what they let go. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2024 at 11:47 AM, codybuehler said:

Fish were the same today. 

lake was rough. Found a debris field of floating stuff. 3 guys in a 20’ Rinker got swamped and the boat is gone. All 3 got picked up just before we got to the spot and made it to the dock at Mexico. We pulled in just as they did to an ambulance just pulling up. Big props to the guys in the green cuddy who got them out safe!

Yeah...and the forecast on Fishweather was for 1 foot or less. I was out there and bailed after an hour...the four foot chop was no fun. Glad those guys were OK